Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sydney White (2007)

Sydney White (link to amazon)
Directed by Joe Nussbaum
Viewed 4-29-09

I feel silly. When I pulled up imdb for this movie, so i could spell the Director's name, that's when I read that this movie's concept was stolen from the Snow White formula, complete with the seven dwarfs. Dope!

Now forget I said that. Ready, OK.

Sydney White is a unique girl, yet so normal that she could make you sick, in a good way I suppose. Amanda Bynes pulls off the "anti- Legally Blonde" role with ease and class. I'm not the hugest fan of hers from watching her on the show What I Like About You but her performance in this movie was really pretty nice. I actually forgot all about her teeny-bopper show while watching Sydney White.

She jumps from life on the construction site to rushing for the Kappas her freshman year. She enters the Legally Blonde lifestyle, attempting to fit in and trying hard to make friends. Sara Paxton plays Rachel, the antagonist. Her relaxation words are "Gucci Armani Chanel" if you get the picture. Sydney's romance with president of the Betas pushes Rachel to drastic measures.

Too bad the last movie reviewed was also about "Greek Row" life on campus. Compared to Old School which failed to make a grade, Sydney White gets a solid B. Did I mention the seven dwarfs? Nice ensemble of misfit dorks. Dorks rule! Cute and safe movie.

No comments: